Posts By: admin
Day after day, you walk the same boring floors in your Plymouth Meeting home. Not only do they have slight surface imperfections, but also they look out of date. Why not change things with stained concrete? For this, you have two incredible options, a water-based stain and acid-based solution.
The type of stained concrete floors that you have installed in your Plymouth Meeting home depends on the look that you want to achieve. Therefore, take inventory of your home’s style, the kind of décor that you like best, and even your favorite colors. Even the specific room, as well as the way you use it, come into play when making your decision.
As an example, if you have either a designated play area or a finished basement where your kids spend a lot of time with family and friends, you want to create a fun yet safe space. For this, a water-based stain is ideal. The reason is you have an abundance of color option, many including bright and bold tones. Whether using one color or several, this is an excellent way to give an otherwise boring room personality.
On the other hand, if you have a hearth room where you spend time relaxing in front of a roaring fire, reading a book, or watching your favorite television show, the last thing you want are brightly colored floors. In this case, you could select an acid-based stain. With this, you have a selection of warmer and more homey type colors, perfect for stained concrete floors in this part of your Plymouth Meeting home.
The great thing about stained concrete floors, you can enjoy them in any area of your Plymouth Meeting home. With so many colors that yield outstanding results, you can transform your kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, and even your foyer. Stop living with boring, or even ugly, floors, and make your life exciting with a stunning new flooring solution.
Do you own a car dealership in Carlisle, one with concrete floors that have seen better days? Then, now is the perfect time to select a decorative solution. With a steady flow of customers interested in buying vehicles, you need to stand out from your competition. At the same time, you want to provide your customers with a positive experience while making a lasting impression.
Because you have people coming and going daily, and the fact that you bring specific vehicles inside the showroom to sell, you need a flooring system that can handle a lot of use and abuse. Without question, epoxy and polyaspartic floors are an excellent choice. When using a product like SunEpoxy 100 or SunOne, you never have to worry about a thing.
Take epoxy coated concrete floors as a prime example. For your Carlisle car dealership, you can choose from a broad range of colors, textures, and patterns. A professional installer can also add aggregates for a customized look, including things like quartz, colored glass, metallic flakes, and vinyl flake. Within days, your showroom, offices, and customer waiting area transform. This slip-resistant flooring system is also ideal for reducing accidental falls on rainy or wet days.
You might consider stamped concrete floors for your dealership in Carlisle. What makes this flooring system unique is the surface looks like other materials. Ordinary floors are made to look like brick, hardwood, slate, limestone, river rock, and more. If for nothing else, potential buyers will remember your dealership specifically because of its impressive floors.
Acid-based stained concrete floors are also a great option. Although you could consider a water-based product, formulas made with acid create a one-of-a-kind marbled effect. If your goal is a sophisticated and professional space, this is the way to go. Once applied to the surface, the acid reacts to chemicals in the concrete. With a unique response for every application, no two floors ever look the same.
Outdoor living concrete is a referral to an application of a coating, finish, or overlay to any surface outside. In other words, the hot trends discussed include patios, walkway, front porches, pool decks, and so on in Philadelphia.
Every year, decorative concrete changes, becoming more and more exciting. 2019 is no exception. For both homes and businesses, you can transform any outdoor area by having the project completed by an expert who uses a top-of-the-line product.
- Cozy Gathering Spaces – Even if you have a small backyard or dining area outside of your Philadelphia home or restaurant, for 2019, you want to make it as cozy as possible. To achieve that, select outdoor living concrete in earth tones and beautiful textures. You could have a stamped surface created that looks like brick or hardwood using a product like SunStamp.
- Functional Walkways – Another hot trend for 2019 is to create beautiful yet functional walkways. You want visitors to your home or business to feel welcome and at the same time protected from accidental slips and falls. For this, a handcrafted customer overlay enhanced with small aggregates is perfect. That combination ensures a gorgeous walkway with slip-resistant qualities.
- Color Choices – What makes 2019 so interesting is the color trends for outdoor living concrete. In Philadelphia, experts predict people will gravitate to either bold or subdued colors. You will see vibrant blues, reds, and yellows, as well as multi-colors, mixed in with grays and browns. This coming year, it seems as though there is no middle ground when it comes to colored decorative concrete solutions.
Patterns – Even the patterns people will choose this coming year will differ from 2018. For outdoor living concrete at Philadelphia homes and businesses, the trend is more random designs as opposed to those with structure. For instance, stamped concrete that looks like river rock will have a more eclectic design than what you would expect to see in nature.
If you pay attention when visiting different businesses in Pennsylvania, a pattern will emerge. You will notice a lot of them choose handcrafted concrete overlays as their flooring solution. Not only that, but you will see that in addition to the floors, many business owners change the appearance of their other surfaces, including countertops, walls, water features, walkways, and more.
Now, you ask why. For one thing, handcrafted concrete overlays are just as the name implies, resurfacing products crafted by hand. That means an experienced and highly skilled artisan performs the work. The expert painstakingly handles every aspect of the application process, giving you a one-of-a-kind finished project.
The artisan also uses the best product on the market. For instance, using Tuscan, this individual hand-trowels the textured effect according to your specific wants and needs. While this option produces a stamped design, meaning the surface ends up looking like brick, wood, stone, slate, and more, it is thicker and therefore, more durable.
Another extraordinary benefit of handcrafted concrete overlays is they work on both horizontal and vertical surfaces. Along with floors, driveways, patios, and pool decks, you could have the appearance of walls, fireplace surrounds, stairways, and water features more enhanced to help your business stand apart from the competition. In fact, the professional can apply the overlay on materials beyond concrete such as cinder block, stucco, brick, drywall, etc.
Even the level of creativity skyrockets. By working with an artisan with years of experience applying handcrafted concrete overlays, either he can recommend designs and design elements or turn your concept into a reality. As a team, there are no limitations. You might have an idea the expert expounds on to make it even greater than imagined.
All the things mentioned are why so many business owners go with handcrafted concrete overlays as opposed to a more traditional solution. Beautiful flooring and other surfaces make a lasting impression on current customers and prospects, giving their companies a competitive edge.
As a homeowner in Doylestown, you want to create a unique space outside for entertaining friends and enjoying casual gatherings with family. The problem is that as hard as you try, you struggle to come up with interesting patio ideas that are different from your neighbors in the same community. Although there are thousands upon thousands of options, start by considering those suggested below.
- Moroccan Style – Have a stamped concrete overlay applied to the floor in either a deep red or sky blue. Then, have curved concrete sofa-style seating built, using coordinating colors for the cushions and a stamped design on the exposed bottom portion. Directly in front of that, a contractor can build a square fire feature with water surrounding the flame. On the ledge going around the perimeter, choose a different stamped design and color that pulls everything together. Finish the design with colorful pillows and throws.
- Tropical Oasis – Another one of the best patio ideas involves creating a tropical paradise in the backyard of your Doylestown home. Plant both tall, slender trees and short plants around the exterior. Then, using a product like SunStamp, hire a professional to create a floor that resembles rock, complete with a palm tree design added using a small cobblestone stamp in varying colors of gold and green. Finally, add some type of water feature.
- Romantic Aura – If you and your significant other love spending quality time together outside, you can choose from multiple patio ideas. One consists of having an acid stain applied to the floor’s surface. As a muriatic acid-base coloring solution, you end up with a gorgeous translucent modeled effect for the perfect setting. Because the formula reacts to chemical compounds in concrete, and with every surface different, this option results in a one-of-a-kind look. All you need to do is add an oversized couch and lots of candles.
- Go Eclectic – If you prefer more of an eclectic look, there are plenty of patio ideas for that as well. You can choose from many bold colors when using a water-based stain on the floor. Hang and gather flowy curtains, add different styles of furniture, and incorporate cushions, throw blankets, and pillows of different colors and patterns in the design.