Posts By: Admin
Popular Stamped Concrete Patterns for a Driveway
Planning a driveway renovation should not be taken lightly. It is a major element in enhancing curb appeal. Because it often involves a wide area, a concrete driveway is the most practical option. But who says you have to endure a boring concrete surface just to keep costs at bay? Decorative stamped concrete overlay is the best option if you are after aesthetics and affordability. Plus, it’s such a bonus that it is durable and easy to maintain as well. Here are some of the most popular stamped concrete patterns for driveways:
Originally used in the European part of the globe, cobblestone roads consisted of smooth rocks placed together like pavers. The pattern it creates is interesting and impressive to look at. It also provides enough traction to make it an ideal design for dirt roads. It is one of the most popular concrete resurfacing patterns for these reasons. It looks good on any driveway, regardless of the theme and concept of its architectural design.
Nothing is as timeless as brick itself. It can be used on walls and pavements. On a concrete overlay, a stamped brick pattern come in several variations. You can choose for a simple running brick pattern or a herringbone pattern for a more interesting and decorative look. There is also the option of a basket weave or a fan pattern. The possibilities are endless.
The great thing about an ashlar pattern is that it can be designed to look like a traditional paving material or a modern geometric surface. Incorporating an ashlar pattern with natural stone is great for homes with a more classical or traditional aesthetic. If your home is more on the contemporary side, you might want to incorporate ashlar with shades of gray, black, and white and with a smoother surface like that of bricks.
Slate can be used with a wide range of stamped patterns, such as ashlar and tile. You may also stamp a fractured slate pattern seamlessly or just some minimal scoring or engraving. One popular use for a slate pattern is to use it on the whole driveway and then choose another pattern, like a brick pattern, to line the edges or to break the monotony for every few meters or so. This can be made more customized and a lot more realistic with manual concrete staining.
3 Pool Deck Options Perfect for Autumn Weather
The Fall season is one of the preferable seasons of all because of the rich Autumn colors on the trees and the cooler climate. Unfortunately, it is not really the best season for using the pool, unless you have a hot tub, then it is the perfect time of the year for a soak. So, what else can be done to make the pool decking an equally enjoyable space even during Fall? Here are some ideas:
Integrate Fall Colors
If you have trees around the pool deck that feature the colors of Fall, then you are lucky. However, you can further enhance it with flowers in similar colors or other autumn hues like pink, magenta, purple, and blue. You may also want to opt for resurfacing pool deck area with concrete overlays in Fall-like colors. It could be a red brick surface or a travertine patterned overlay hand-stained with the colors of the season. If you have deck chairs or beds, add some orange or yellow pillows or throws. Not only will these create a trending look, it also provides the necessary stuff to keep warm while outdoors.
Heat Up the Deck
The deck may seem like a colder area, thanks to the drop in temperature as the season slowly shifts to a winter. So, why not add heat to the cool decking? Adding fire pits or outdoor fireplaces provide a means for warmth and illumination in this time of the year. You can hang out all you want at night time, watching the stars, and not freeze to death. A working fire not only provides heat and light, it also allows you to roast some barbecue or some plain marshmallows. That and the throws and pillows you have prepared will definitely guarantee a warm and cozy outdoor experience.
Enhance Outdoor Lighting
Lights are always essential, regardless of the season. However, during these cool months, it would be nice to have enhanced lighting to make the surroundings look warmer and brighter. Lighting fixtures can also be a decorative solution to make the pool deck area more Autumn-like. Hanging a string of Christmas lights or small lanterns around and across the trees will bring a bohemian vibe to the pool deck. It provides subtle lights that seem to twinkle like stars where they are. Intricately designed lamps can be hung on posts or branches or simply placed on the deck beside some chairs or by the pool. Using tea lights is also a great way of adding drama while keeping the area warm and cozy.
What Do Professional Philadelphia Contractors Look for in a Concrete Dealer?
Unless you use the services of an installer directly linked to a concrete dealer, you would need to hire an experienced contractor to work on your Philadelphia home. When it comes to decorative concrete, including overlays, finishes, and coatings, you want someone skilled for the job, as well as an individual who uses only the highest-quality products, like SunStamp, SunStone, and Tuscan.
The best contractors in Philadelphia know the value that comes from working with a reputable concrete dealer. Ultimately, they get what they need to ensure their customer’s 100 percent satisfaction:
- Quality – Most importantly, any concrete dealer in Philadelphia worth consideration has superior-quality products. After all, the caliber of the product plays a significant role in the outcome of the project. A contractor will look for a dealer with products proven to surpass expectations.
- Variety – Every customer is different, meaning they all have unique preferences in how decorative concrete looks and functions. The right dealer provides variety, including overlays for resurfacing projects, sealers that serve as a barrier of protection, and epoxy coatings for areas that need a durable and tough flooring system. Typically, Philadelphia contractors prefer to get products from the same concrete dealer. That allows them to develop a long-lasting relationship built on trust and respect.
- Training – Even contractors with a lot of experience installing different decorative concrete surfaces need help from time to time. For that reason, they look for dealers that have both how-to videos and online training courses. Whether learning a new technique or working with a new product, this ensures they have the correct information to perform stellar work.
- Indoor and Outdoor Solutions – Because contractors handle both inside and outside jobs, they look for a concrete dealer in Philadelphia who has many different options for both. As a result, they can offer their services for new installs or the resurfacing of pool decks, patios, driveways, walkways, floors, countertops, walls, fireplace surrounds, and much more.
Why Sundek of Plymouth Meeting has Become the “Go To” Source for Decorative Concrete Systems
When it comes to decorative concrete systems, Sundek of Plymouth Meeting has become the most respected and trusted source for both home and business owners. There are many reasons for this. For one thing, the Sundek name is synonymous with excellence. However, the following list represents other reasons for relying on this specific company.
- Solid Reputation – Sundek of Plymouth Meeting is an affiliate of the parent Sundek company. For more than 70 years, this business has served people throughout the country with exceptional products and professional assistance. In fact, Sundek’s Classic Texture is responsible for launching the decorative concrete industry.
- Superior Products – Whether interested in a water- or acid-based stain, concrete dye, overlay, acrylic finish, or a polyaspartic or epoxy coating, every product that Sundek of Plymouth Meeting sells is of superior quality.
- Enhancements – The Sundek of Plymouth Meeting installer can enhance the look of the finished project. The options include incredible colors, score lines, aggregates, and saw cut lines. The professionals can achieve almost anything the customer wants.
- Long-Lasting Results – A professionally installed product will yield long-lasting results. That means instead of a customer needing a surface redone within a few years, there is a chance that the product will outlast the home or business.
- Career Opportunities – Someone interested in working as a Sundek dealer can. This company provides all the training required to help people succeed.
- Cleaning and Maintenance Products – Sundek of Plymouth Meeting even sales cleaning and maintenance products. That way, home and business owners can keep their decorative concrete surface in pristine condition all the time.
- Reliability – Unfortunately, too many companies are eager to sell products but not back them up. Sundek has a different philosophy. In addition to its impressive line of top-quality products, the company guarantees everything it sells. The same goes for the Sundek installer who performs the work.
What Surfaces Can Plymouth Meeting Business Owners Change Using Concrete Overlays?
Before going over the different surfaces that concrete overlays can change in Plymouth Meeting, it would help to gain a basic understanding of what they are and why they are so beneficial. When a surface experiences minor damage, fades, or begins to look old and outdated, an expert can apply an overlay instead of ripping out the entire surface.
As you can imagine, concrete overlays save a tremendous amount of time. For busy business owners in Plymouth Meeting, even a small disruption can have a significant impact on the bottom line. In addition, resurfacing is less messy.
The list of surfaces Plymouth Meeting business owners can use concrete overlays for is quite lengthy. Keep in mind that the surface depends on the product. For instance, some overlays work indoors, while others outdoors. For that reason, it is essential to work with a reputable installer who uses top-of-the-line products, like Tuscan, SunStamp, and SunStone.
- Driveways – Business owners need to make a positive first impression. Transforming the driveway is an excellent way to do this. When customers or clients pull up, they cannot help but feel confident in the product or service offered by the company.
- Walkways – Along with changing the appearance of walkways at Plymouth Meeting businesses, overlays can make them safer. With a slip-resistant surface, there is significantly less risk of someone sustaining an injury.
- Outdoor Patios – For restaurant owners, decorative concrete is ideal for transforming outdoor patios. During nice weather, guests will enjoy eating outside as much as they do inside.
- Floors – Concrete overlays work great as an indoor flooring solution. Because installers can complete most projects in one to three days, business owners do not have to worry about unnecessary downtime.
- Countertops – Overlays also change the appearance of countertops. For something unique, the installer can add color and aggregates selected by the business owner.
Walls and More – With the right product, people who own businesses in Plymouth Meeting can transform walls, fireplace surrounds, fire pits, water features, stairways, and more