Stained concrete is not only beautiful—it’s also durable and easy to clean. Because of these reasons and more, staining concrete is a great way to get a stunning surface while also getting the functionality and durability concrete provides.
What Types of Concrete Surfaces Can Be Stained?
If it’s concrete, we can stain it—whether it’s indoors or outdoors or at a business or home. Here are some of the types of surfaces we’ve stained:
Can You Stain Damaged Concrete?
Yes. As long as the concrete surface is still viable and the damage is not too significant, a contractor can stain your surface. A reputable contractor such as SUNDEK of PA will not only repair the damage, but they will also assess the site to determine what’s causing the damage and determine what steps should be taken to prevent future damage. Learn more about concrete repair here.
In addition to resurfacing and staining, we also specialize in concrete repair. Contact us to schedule a consultation. We’ll give you a free quote for repairing and staining your concrete slab.
Types of Stains
At SUNDEK of PA, we work with three types of stains:
- SunH20 (Water-Based Stain) – Creates vibrant colors that range from opaque to translucent. Though it doesn’t etch into the surface like an acid stain does, it has staying power due to SUNDEK’s formula which includes an adhesive promoter.
- SunAcid (Acid Stain) – Offers earth-toned colors. The chemical interaction between the product and the surface creates a mottled look.
- SunDye (Liquid Concrete Dye) – Soluble in water or acetone. When you use it with water, there’s more color variation throughout the surface, and when you use it with acetone, it creates a darker monotone look.
- SunBurn (Burnishable Stain)– This product is engineered to color and harden the concrete when it’s applied, providing durable and long-lasting colors that don’t flake, peel, or wash out. (Best for interior floors.)
If you’re not sure which product is right for your surface, that’s okay. We’d love helping clients figure out what will work best for their projects. Contact us to discuss your project. We’ll come out to do a site evaluation and give you a free quote.
Staining Vertical Surfaces
We do stain vertical surfaces for clients. Here are some of the types of vertical structures we’ve stained:
- Retaining walls
- Residential & commercial buildings
- Utility protection
Because we also do resurfacing, we can apply stain to just about any material, too. We have applied decorative coatings over brick, stucco, drywall, and painted surfaces. The coating can then be stained to meet the aesthetic needs of the client.
Staining Contractor in the Philadelphia Metro Region
At Sundek of PA, we’ve been staining concrete for clients in Philadelphia, Doylestown, West Chester, Harrisburg, Lancaster, York, and the surrounding areas for more than two decades.
Contact us today for a free quote!
Call us: (888) 491-2200
Email us: [email protected]