From small painting jobs to doing car repairs, the range of tasks that men do in the garage is huge and wide. With all the activities that are done in this part of the house, it is almost expected to have grease stains, peeling paint, and other surface damage on the garage flooring surface. This is the reason why epoxy coating for floors have come into existence.
The Epoxy Flooring Application Process
The process of resurfacing garage floors with epoxy coating consists of three applications: the primer, build coat, and top coat. The primer coat is applied onto the prepared surface to increase the adherence of the build coat. The build coat is usually where customization can be done, be it in the form of a stain or paint chips. If ever paint chips were used on the floor coating, the loose or extra chips are swept off of the surface before the final coat can be applied. The final coat is a sealer designed to protect the epoxy floor as well as the added stain or paint chips.
Advantages of Epoxy Garage Floors
Epoxy flooring Philadelphia solutions are highly ideal for garage floors because:
- It is durable and long lasting. It dries to a really hard surface making it resistant to impact and abrasion.
- It is easy to clean and maintain. An occasional sweeping and wet mopping may help rid the surface of dirt and dust.
- It is stain-resistant. It is, however, strongly recommended to wipe off spills immediately, not because it could stain the surface, but because the surface can become slippery when wet.
- It is a more practical solution than having a new concrete floor installed. The coating seals off surface damage while providing a newer and tougher surface
- resistant to all types of garage activities.
- It is a more attractive alternative to plain concrete. Sealers also come in various shines, from matte to glossy.
Interested in garage flooring solutions? Call (717) 245-2829 today!
With Sundek of PA, you get additional benefits without additional costs with the best garage floors has ever seen. We are an A+ BBB rated decorative concrete company in Philadelphia with the right knowledge and know-how in installing epoxy floor coating for both residential and commercial locations. For a garage floor that works hard and looks great, too, give us a call! Your satisfaction means the world to us.